Monday 22 August 2011

Take that Adventure, but make it count


In the current world I was recently asked by my sister what she should do if she wanted to take a year abroad. Well I said to her, because she is young and doesn’t have any work experience behind her that she takes the opportunity to not only use it as a year abroad but that she tries to get some experience behind her. So I simply asked her what she is passionate about and I should have known that the answer would be Photography. Well that easy, simply take your love of photography abroad and those photos you take you can put them to experience.

What’s more is my recommendation would be there are plenty of online training courses that are available such as photoshop courses. These would put her in good stead that she could use this to edit photos and get that experience that will be sure to land her a job in the future.

So now when she travels to Europe on an adventure like the many that I have been on she can take amazing pictures and do the necessary editing that turns this adventure that is bound to be fun into work experience. I have recommended that she goes to places that are out of the way, not just the run of the mill Paris and Rome trip because to be honest there are a million pictures of these places. What you need to do is take that road less traveled and move more into Eastern Europe. On a recent trip to Croatia and Turkey I saw some absolute amazing sites and scenes. I took my own photos but I don’t have the talent that my sister has, and if she just takes those online course she will be able to be a professional in no time at all.

What I am getting at here is that if you are young and just coming out of School or University and want to take a year abroad, try and take my advice. Try and make it a adventure, but an adventure with experience. Take something like a scenic trip into a photography course. Write a blog on your trips so it gives you that online experience and more importantly that ability to write.


No comments:

Post a Comment