Thursday 6 October 2011

Coldplay dominates Cape Town


Looking at all the places I have travelled I can say that South Africa still gives me something that other places cannot. Sure it may be that feeling of home, but there is just something that makes it special. Tourists are always looking for places to stay in Cape Town and Durban accommodation, because these are hubs for tourism and I can see why. The ocean is a huge draw card and Cape Town for me is the best place in the world.


Last night I watched Coldplay and I can tell you that it was amazing. I am sure where ever you are in the world you can appreciate a great band when you see it. Chris Martin and the rest of the band did not disappoint. Set in the beautiful Green point stadium the 60 000 crowd was screaming along to every song, including me. What was even greater is that I checked their past set lists from their last 10 concerts and they only played 18 songs, last night they played 20. And why wouldn’t they Cape Town and South Africa is a great country and I am sure it has blown them away. Chris Martin is icon and I can say that even people, who are not Coldplay fans, loved the concert last night. He is a natural born entertainer and really engages with his audience to get that extra bit of madness out of them.

What is so great about Coldplay is even if a song starts and you don’t know the name of it, you will probably soon enough start singing along. That is what is so great about Coldplay; they are part of music culture. Screaming Yellow, Fix You and Paradise was simply great, this country is great and I am feeling great.

No comments:

Post a Comment