Wednesday 12 October 2011

SA helps out a friend


I have made many friends on my travels around the world and whenever I say goodbye I am always sure to tell them if they are ever in SA, or more likely when because I haven’t stopped talking about how great the country is, to come and stay with me. I can say that a few have taken me up on it and have spent a night or to in my accommodations and I have shown them what South Africa has to offer. But recently a friend from Kenya contacted me and said he needed to have iLASIK surgery and possible get some cataracts removed. What he wanted was to stay at my house and if it would be possible, Not only did I say it was possible but I said he was welcome to stay as long as he needed to recover.
But this is not the reason why I am writing this post, the reason is, is that how great is this country. I am so proud that in our country we have some of the best medical professionals in the world and people are ready to travel from other countries to make sure they get it. Hearing this I was smiling from ear to ear, there are so many people in the world that would kill to live in a country such as South Africa, yet we are often complaining and finding everything we can that is wrong with the country, but there is so much to be thankful for. We could be so much worse off; we have a country with so much culture and a nation of amazing talented individuals. Not to mention that we are a sport crazy nation, nowhere else on the planet will you find a nation where sport is so embedded in the nation. Sure you will go to England and people love football, but in SA we love all sport, anything that involves a South African or Sport in general we are hooked.

This country is so great and I am so happy that I have a friend who can come and benefit from what we have, all be it that it is eye surgery. The point is, that this country has so much to offer and those who can’t see it, don’t deserve to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment