Tuesday 13 September 2011

A trip in the South African Skies



I have been on many a trip, but lately I have been keeping this close to South Africa and on a recent work function I got to do something that I need to recommend to all of you. I needed to organize corporate team building in Johannesburg and I was really stumped on what to do. But in this amazing country that I am so in love with there really is a lot to do and you just need to put your mind to it. Hot air ballooning is what I came up with and let me just tell you if you have never done it then you need to get up and get on a computer and book one now.


I have travelled to many places in the world so it is strange to think that taking a ride in a hot air balloon ranks up there with some of the best. Starting out early in the morning, you and your team (company as it was) arrive to coffee or tea for those non coffee drinkers. Make sure you bring warm clothes, because apart from it being really nippy in that early morning, when you are up in the air it can be really cold.

From there you break into groups and watch as the balloons are filled with hot air. They are much bigger than you would expect and fill up fast and rise up above you like giants in an instant. Then it’s time to climb on in. Up and up you go and before you know it the people below are but mere specks of sand. The world lies below you and there is nothing but quiet. The silence is beautiful and is only disturbed by the sound of the burner and it puts more hot air into the balloon. It is great and the calm that you feel is like nothing that can be felt elsewhere.

With the world at your feet, it is a great feeling allowing you to feel as though you are greater than you really are. I would recommend this to anyone as by me describing it any further would not be doing it any justice.


No comments:

Post a Comment