Thursday 22 September 2011

Don't Waste that Air Time



I spoke about this recently and it was clear that when we all travel it really is time that we will never get back. If you are like me then I am sure that you want all your time to be important. It is vital that you don’t waste time, because if you think about it in the grand scheme of things, airports and flight time is time you will never get back. You could play bingo games online, but online bingo games may not be for everyone so you could read a book or a magazine, but still for me those may not be the best options.


I have in the past taken on myself to learn something. When I am flying domestic flights and it is for business I make sure I take all that time to brush up on a client or get ready for that business meeting making sure that I am prepared and that all that time did not go to waste.

Now you as what do you do when you go on long international flights. Now whether it be for leisure or for business there is always one option. You can sleep or play amazing online bingo (sorry I am a huge fan), but sleep is always a good option as it gets you rested and ready. I however do something different, apart from the occasional snooze if I am going for business I will again make sure I am well prepared. If you have all that time then you might as well take it as it comes. But I also do something different when I am going on holiday. Those long flights you may be flying to a foreign land that speaks a foreign language or has different culture and customs. So what I like to do is take a phrase book or a language track so that I can learn enough of the language to get by and have no problems. I also make sure I know what to expect what cultural differences there are and how I must behave. 10/10 times ensures I have a easier time and better time than my friends. You might think watching a movie on the plane sounds better than learning some of the local tongue, but I promise you, you will not regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment