Thursday 21 July 2011

A World of Wonders


In a world where anything is possible, there are amazing structures that are being created the world over. I recently took a journey to Dubai and I couldn’t believe what I saw. A world that is in our time yet is so far ahead. Steel and rock, man and machine all molded together in that prefect mesh of technology and design.

With Over 30 000 construction cranes in Dubai (that’s 24% of the worlds) Dubai is a bustle of creation and wonder. Just arriving at the airport was great as of course everything is state of the art, beautifully designed with the lip channel steel and trimmings needed. But further on exploring the city these are some of the things that impressed me, apart from all the buildings and Hotels of course.

An underwater Restaurant- Really….Something to behold in itself. Taking a submarine down to a restaurant is amazing, but sitting under the water while you eat is even greater. How people think of this, let alone build it blows my mind.

Next I was onto something that could really have only have been thought up in this magical place. The Islands, what I mean by this of course is the Palm islands and the World Island. They are simply amazing. The design and concept that has gone into them I can only imagine a palm that sits in the ocean, Dubai have actually created an island that has developed its own reef, and is seeing marine life that hasn’t been seen there in hundreds of years. The World is even more amazing to me, where the culture of each area is shown through how the houses are built. Famous people such as the Beckham’s have already secured their piece of paradise.

Playing in the snow…really!? You have to remember that Dubai is basically a dessert so when I find an indoor ski slope I had to check it out. It is a winter wonderland indoors and you have to dress up warm if you don’t want to freeze, but what’s the most amazing thing is that the ski slope rotates so that you never have to stop skiing until you want to get off of course.

Dubai is a place of Steel structures, a place of engineering marvels, but is a place of wonder as well. I can only imagine what this place is going to look like in ten years.


No comments:

Post a Comment