Tuesday 21 February 2012

Things have changed


It truly is amazing how the world has changed in the last few years. It has changed in really all aspects of life even when you think about our childhoods, a lot has changed. The toys we used to play with have changed in a big way.

We used to play outside and make forts in the trees. Spend hours with swords made from branches. I for one was obsessed with Lego, I could not get enough of it, spending hours building castles and just doing my own designs. It is through this that my brother first got interested in architecture and that is exactly what he is doing now. I must admit I had my favourites like that knight’s kingdom and the pirates. Those really let the imagination run wild, even when we wanted to be super hero’s we could and still can today play with toys such as imaginext batcave, and let the mind run wild. That was probably my favourite part of being young in that, the smallest thing could produce the biggest amount of joy.

For most, those days are gone I am afraid, children these days are seen to be more spoilt and are more concerned with what latest gadget they can get their hands on. Kids as young as 5 are being given cell phones, but not just normal ones, Smart Phones. Then there is the constant use of PC’s and Play stations, and don’t get me wrong I love PC games, Play Station (and all other platforms) and TV as much as the next person, but I think as a child this stuff needs to be limited. Especially when they are very young, I wish someone had made me play sport more or learn a musical instrument, so I am all for a delay in the techno field to an extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment